using a 15 degree plus roof window on a 10 degree pitch

TP1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put two 1600 x 940mm roof windows onto a 10 degree pitch roof. I have used 5 degree upstands to meet the required pitch. It looks terrible, on top of the 150mm upstand, the additional pitch completely destroys the aesthetics of the build.
As far as I know, there are 3 options:
a, Drop the roof windows down to 10 degrees and lose warrantee from roofers and Wickes roof light.
b, take out the flat windows and replace with dome windows, which will cost a fortune
c, Deal with it.
Can anyone advise?? Rapid answers would be much appreciated...

If I seal the windows to prevent them from opening and then seal it further with mastic etc, will that safeguard the roof windows against leakage if I drop them down to 10 degrees????

Sponsored Links
take them back get your money back and buy some flat roof windows. velux or mardome and stop trying to bodge it.

Sponsored Links
Presumably you are using a flat roof material at this pitch - so you do need a flat roof skylight.

Pitched roof skylights are not recommended on low pitches because you can't flash around them properly without them leaking, it's not because of the window itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back