Worth adding more insulation to a warm deck roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my flat roof relaid as a warm deck roof with EPDM.

Having now ripped down the ceiling underneath (after discovering it was in too bad a state to simply skim) is there any further benefit to chucking some insulation above the new boards? A kind of boots and braces approach!

Or do I risk problems with condensation and damp??

Cheers all,

Sponsored Links
If you put extra insulation in, use the PIR/PUR board, push it up to the underside of the deck, and put a lesser thickness in than you have above the deck.

How thick is the warm deck insulation?

Our local BCO's insist on another 25mm of inso' pushed up tight against the roof deck insulation where 100mm has been fitted.

90mm celotex boards on the roof. Was thinking of just stuffing some insulation into the void?

Sponsored Links
You may create a secondary cold spot if you don't push it up tight, though this is unlikely.

The idea is that the ceiling void is kept as the same temperature as the room below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back