How can I remove McAfee Family Protection without code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I remove Mcafee family protection without administrator password or administrator or user name, because who ever set it up has gone and cannot be contacted, and I am unable to use the internet at all as everything is blocked up!

I cannot even try and recover password etc because the guy who set it used his own email address, so any password would be posted to his email address and so that is just not good enough for me.

Before I am forced to resort to backing up all my files and reformatting the HD, is there any other clever method to modify the software through edit?

McAfee cannot help, they suggested that I reload my OS, but the computer came with a second partition where the OS is preloaded, no OS discs apart from recovery disc was supplied with the computer, it is running Win 7.

Is there any way we can get inside the programme and kill it with lots of 1 and 0 s like 1110000111000011000101010010101001010101010bang!

thanks in advannce for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I think you have to download a removal tool to do it. I seem to remember having to do that once.
Hth.

I think you have to download a removal tool to do it. I seem to remember having to do that once.
Hth.

I have tried it as well, it still requires you to enter the code, it is a pretty fail safe system against anyone trying to bypass parental controls! Good in a way but as well as hell in many other ways.

Someone else who is pretty good at computers being in IT, even he could not remove it from the computer, so I was just wondering if anyone else had cracked any codes or found how to get inside the heart of the programme band remove or modify the actual programme lines, i.e. modify programme so that it becomes useless.

Does that mean you don't even have the admin password for the computer ?

You could try OphCrack

That link will automatically download the Ophcrack iso.

You would need to burn that iso AS AN IMAGE to a cd to be able to use it. (Don't just drag the file into your cd burner. Go into the menu an use an option that will say something like "burn as an image")

What is ophcrack?

Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
Features:

» Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
» Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
» Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
» Brute-force module for simple passwords.
» Audit mode and CSV export.
» Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
» LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
» Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
» Free and open source software (GPL).

Sponsored Links
Does that mean you don't even have the admin password for the computer ?

You could try OphCrack

That link will automatically download the Ophcrack iso.

You would need to burn that iso AS AN IMAGE to a cd to be able to use it. (Don't just drag the file into your cd burner. Go into the menu an use an option that will say something like "burn as an image")

What is ophcrack?

Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
Features:

» Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
» Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
» Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
» Brute-force module for simple passwords.
» Audit mode and CSV export.
» Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
» LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
» Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
» Free and open source software (GPL).

well done mate, your post and mine must have coincided at the same time, this must be the last resort worth trying, thanks. I will give it a go later when I get a bit free from my work. Thanks again.

Could this oph crack be used to recover a hijacked email account where the hijacker has changed passwords and other security questions,

Long story short, someone's daughter who is a Psychologist and lives in Bristol suddenly realised how rich her father a retired GP was, and how he was spending or wasting his money and by the time he goes to heaven nothing may be left for her!

So she sectioned him under mental health, after obtaining a court order, and he spends 5 months in a mental institute when he needn't have, so finally after independent report on his mental state, they found he was not suffering from any such condition and allowed him out, when he got back to his home, his daughter had taken his mobile phone, his USB mass storage keys with important contact details and important correspondence, his email account was hacked and passwords changed so that he could not contact any of his correspondents, his personal dairy removed, his driving license and passport taken away, his bank accounts forcefully taken over by her, so she controls his fortune now, and he is given a weekly allowance of just £25.00 per week, she pays all his bills, including a new BT Broadband, he used to be with talk talk, so with this new broadband she engaged this family protection such that this guy just can't navigate or surf the internet that all sites he wishes to go are blocked up by Mcafee!

He tried with my help to recover his old email account with Hotmail, but they could only send him a new password to his registered mobile which he no longer has, so he is in such a state, totally isolated, almost like imprisoned by his Psycho daughter!

Our various attempts to recover his Hotmail account has so far failed,
there doesn't seem to be a number that we can speak to someone at Hotmail, as these days it is all automated, sad reality of modern life.

Really hate all this nonsense, he is as a last resort going to report his own daughter to the police for stealing his personal items without his permission, he has asked her time and again to return all the items but she is refusing to.

Being a father, he doesn't want her to have a criminal record, if should he report her, I have been telling him that if you had a daughter like that you are better off reporting her to the police, as she is acting like a real selfish bitch who is only after his money so that he does not end up spending his remaining fortune!

I really need to help this guy, he used to0 be my EX Gp, that is how I know him.

Possibly but then you have to consider that you would actually be trying to Crack into Microsofts mail servers

Get caught for that and you would really be going for a holiday at Her Majesties pleasure.. Or worse..Extradited to the good ol U.S of A

What has happened to your friend is quite disgusting. He really needs to make it blatantly clear to his daughter that the Police will be called if she doesn't hand over His property.

As for going anywhere he wants to on the net.. EASY PEASY

Boot a live CD (or USB stick) and the machine will run Linux without altering anything on the hard drive (Ophcrack is a cut down version of Linux dedicated to password cracking) nad when you switch off the machine returns to its original state.

So anyone who boots the machine would be none of the wiser !!

What are his machines rough specs ? ie: is it a reasonable new machine or laptop ?

Just so I know what version (Distro) of Linux to link to for you to get the best option. (Not too bloated or full experience)

Here's a humourous if a tad patronising (to his Mum) youtube of a Noob using Linux Mint which is a popular version based on Ubuntu

(There are LOTS of versions)

REMOVAL OF CORRUPTED OR DAMAGED MCAFEE FAMILY PROTECTION, Download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro trial, install & run (in safemode) use advanced forced un-install, cancel Mcafee uninstaller as this just enters admin window for family protection, once revo uninstaller finishes scan, delete registry and program folders listed from scan, this will remove the main program, reboot and run Mcafee MCPR to remove the rest of any remaining files and any remaining proccesses, I have carried this out on a windows 7 64 bit pc with version 2 Mcafee Family Protection, carrying out removal this way may render licence unusable in the future, but it gets rid of the program to access the internet.
If there is no internet connection it is possible the tcpip or winsock files may be damaged, various utilities and instructions are available to repair this, Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

How can I remove Mcafee family protection without administrator password or administrator or user name, because who ever set it up has gone and cannot be contacted, and I am unable to use the internet at all as everything is blocked up!

I cannot even try and recover password etc because the guy who set it used his own email address, so any password would be posted to his email address and so that is just not good enough for me.

Before I am forced to resort to backing up all my files and reformatting the HD, is there any other clever method to modify the software through edit?

McAfee cannot help, they suggested that I reload my OS, but the computer came with a second partition where the OS is preloaded, no OS discs apart from recovery disc was supplied with the computer, it is running Win 7.

Is there any way we can get inside the programme and kill it with lots of 1 and 0 s like 1110000111000011000101010010101001010101010bang!

thanks in advannce for any advice.

If you use revo uninstaller make sure when removing any registery files make sure you only remove the ones in bold type.

Sponsored Links
Back