Fein Multitool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if this has already been asked (didn't come up on a search)

Is a Fein Multitool or similar any good for cutting ceramic floor tiles in situ. I know they are very good for removing grout but what about cutting tiles.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
If tiles are insitu then an angle grinder with a very good blade will do the job... ;) ....cheaper as well :LOL:

But is a fein multitool good for cutting tiles?

An angleginder is all very well but is not suitable.

Both cost the same to hire!

i have trimmed tiles in situ with the bosch version but an angle grinder would be better how many tiles do you need to cut stick up a picture plus angle grinders are leathull in the wrong hands :(

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use multi tool for cutting tiles with correct blade, I have also use a Rebel roto-saw with a tile bit but not a very tidy cut.

if you can get hold of a water-cooled one it will save you a lot of dust, depending on how many you have to cut.
Makita used to do one with a 75mm diamond blade and a small water bottle, it sat on a guide like a circular saw. great bit of kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back