Floor tiling for bathroom and inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just had the floor tiles done in the bathroom/toilet, going to inspect and I am not sure whether I should allow 24 hours for this before I inspect and sign off the work.

Although the tiling glue says 2 hrs to dry out etc.
Does it really matter ?

Sponsored Links
Not really sure what angle your coming from; as far as visual inspection goes, what it looks like now is going to be pretty much what it's going to look like apart from the grout lines lightening up as the moisture evaporates. If you mean walking on the tiles, some adhesive will set quicker than others but even with Rapidset you should avoid walking on the floor for 24 hours.

Do not use shower cubicles for 10 days!

Hi

I just had the bathroom and toilet tiled, but the grout is cracking and easily coming off, we hacked it off yesterday and bought new grout and mixed, relayed the grout and after drying it's still cracking off .

We had the tilers do this, now not sure what the root cause is and what we can do. Is it the mix that is wrong, my mate wants us to try again, saying maybe the tilers are cowboys. The floor recently had 9inch ply screwed to the ground before being tiled upon.

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
what is below the ply ? is it floorboards? perhaps some photos?
how wide are the grout joints?

9mm is a bit on the thin side.

The guy also said the reason why 9mm was used is that anything more ei mean the floor getting way higher than that of the hallway or living room. Some layers of sound proofing was taken out to accommodate the 9mm plywood, also d plywood wasn't screwed on joists or anything, there was some kind of board on the floor .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back