Polished porcelain tiles and sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased some 600x600 polished porcelain tiles from B&Q and the instructions on the box say they have a wax coating on them and to lay and grout before you remove the coating with a wax remover.
Then to seal them.
I have been given conflicting advice, have been told to seal them before laying, and again after grouting, surely this is not needed as the wax coating is supposed to protect the tile whilst laying and grouting.
I am definetely going to seal after grouting for sure.
What doyou advise?

Sponsored Links
certain tiles it is much better to seal first, I have done a boat load of jobs using the 600 x 600 porcies from B & Q, just lay the tiles then sort out ya sealing

Ok thankyou for the advice,just another question but what did you use to remove the wax after laying and grouting, it's just that obviously I want it to be as easy as poss but dont want to stain etc the light grey grout I will be using.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back