Price for kitchen tiling? 40 sp m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Bit of a debate going on with the builder. I think the tiling of the kitchen is included in his quote, he insists it is additional. Anyway...what would be a reasonable price for the work? They are ceramic tiles (which we have bought) on a brand new floor that he has built. The floor is a rectangle, 8x5m.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
i'd expect you to get a quote between £25-45m2 as a general guide. including supply of adhesive. as your in london it may be toward the high end

Bloody hell. Thats £1000 at lower rate and £1800 at the higher rate.
Glad I've got a small kitchen and can do my own.

Bloody hell. Thats £1000 at lower rate and £1800 at the higher rate.
Glad I've got a small kitchen and can do my own.
Just make sure you really do know what your doing & use the correct trade quality materials for your tiles & tile base. ;)

Sponsored Links
How much! If that's the going rate I should really drop the fire protection routine and get back into tiling. Would've priced that at about £550 all in a few years back.

How much! If that's the going rate I should really drop the fire protection routine and get back into tiling. Would've priced that at about £550 all in a few years back.
Blimey, how you doing gcol; have you come back just to wish us all a merry Christmas again :LOL: or does the messiah returneth! ;)

Blimey, how you doing gcol; have you come back just to wish us all a merry Christmas again :LOL: or does the messiah returneth! ;)
Hiya mate. No, not returning - just wanted to check a few links in the sticky were still working and had a bit of a look around. Might hang about for a few days but I won't be spending anything like as much time on here as I used to.
Not doing too bad thanks (save for a few health issues), things going okay with you?

Not doing too bad thanks (save for a few health issues), things going okay with you?
Sorry to hear your health isn’t so good, nothing serious I hope. I’m doing fine thanks; not as fit as I was & starting to notice it, even our garden seems to have got bigger over the last couple of years but perhaps it’s just me slowing down. Not doing anywhere near as much as I was 18 months ago but that’s down to choice really & I’m certainly not doing dedicated plastering as much as I used to; bathrooms renovations & tiling are much less physically demanding :LOL: . I mainly stick to renovation work now as long as it’s not too time critical, getting to the point where I’m probably being too picky!

Anyways, have a good Christmas & HNY mate. ;)

Sorry to hear your health isn’t so good, nothing serious I hope.
Nothing major, sommat called sarcoidosis mucking about with my lungs, kept in check with steroids at present but should be changing to some other stuff that don't give me hamster cheeks and mood swings. Grrrr. :evil:
I’m doing fine thanks; not as fit as I was & starting to notice it, even our garden seems to have got bigger over the last couple of years but perhaps it’s just me slowing down. Not doing anywhere near as much as I was 18 months ago but that’s down to choice really & I’m certainly not doing dedicated plastering as much as I used to; bathrooms renovations & tiling are much less physically demanding :LOL: . I mainly stick to renovation work now as long as it’s not too time critical, getting to the point where I’m probably being too picky!
That's brilliant. If you can afford to be picky that means you're doing well, much respect and good on you for that.
Anyways, have a good Christmas & HNY mate. ;)
Right back at ya; you might see me about the forum until the new year then I'll probably fade away until next Christmas.

Hello Joe, keeping up the good work I trust? Still into housing development or moved into the music business?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back