battery types whats the diff which is best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks I have the opportunity to buy some new bosch blue tools (yippee)

i know i need to go for lithium batteries that much is fine but i have a couple of options 1.3ah or 3.0 ah what does this mean and what extra does this give me

also whats the best bosch blue drill/driver to go for

help always welcomes

cheers

jon

Sponsored Links
great way to describe it many thanks so the 3.0 has a fuel take 2 1/2 bigger that the 1.3.

cheers

jon

you will probably get close to 3 times the run as li-ions hold a bit back at the end to stop full discharge than can stop them working

what voltage you looking at

Sponsored Links
i was thinking about the GSB 18 V Li-ion 2 speed dynamicseries combi in L-Boxx Special execution 1 x 3.0 Ah

or the GSR 18 V-LI (2 x 3.0 Ah, L-Boxx) Li-ion 2 speed mid-range drill/driver in L-Boxx

but i would consider teh 14.4 as well

Bigg-alls analogy is pretty good.

Theres no reason why a 12v drill cant be as powerfull as a 18v, or and 18 as powerfull as a 24v, with thicker cables etc, but typically the power goes up with the voltage.

Simuarly while the total capacity (Watt hours) is a factor of the capacity in Amp hours (Ah) and Voltage (Volts*Amps=Watts) the higher voltage more powerful drill will use more power.

So a 3Ah 18v drill will proberbly last longer than a 3Ah 12v drill doing the same work, while also being able to drill/screw bigger holes/screws.

##

PS, whats the reason for going Lithium? Reduced weight or infrequent use?

Daniel

i was thinking about the GSB 18 V Li-ion 2 speed dynamicseries combi in L-Boxx Special execution 1 x 3.0 Ah

or the GSR 18 V-LI (2 x 3.0 Ah, L-Boxx) Li-ion 2 speed mid-range drill/driver in L-Boxx

but i would consider teh 14.4 as well

i have the 10.8v stuff and it punches well above it weight
but i do have 18 and 24v older tools to fall back on

yes this is what i am looking for i have an option to get this for 185 i think.

cheers for all your help

jon

remember the main uses decide which one or 2 you buy

driver screwing and light driving
drill driver screwing and heavier drilling
hammer/percussion as above plus masonary/brick
impact big screws [and light drilling with expensive hex bits]

Almost bought the £149.99 bosch combi from screwfix, but checked reviews, not many favourable opinions of these cheaper bosch blue combis.
Made me hold back on my new purchase, think I'll go Metabo. (4.0ah batteries!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back