High temp silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used some high temp silicone on the wood burner as the fire cement kept cracking. Now my house is full with smoke and the silicone is bubbling away on the fire!!

Now I will obviously have to remove this when it has cooled in the morning but can anyone recommend and alternative that is heat resistant to higher than 300 d celceious

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you look under the general DIY section - on Fire cement cracking - there's many words of wisdom there!
John :)

Edit....didn't realise it was your post anyway!

Sponsored Links
I used some high temp silicone on the wood burner as the fire cement kept cracking. Now my house is full with smoke and the silicone is bubbling away on the fire!!

Now I will obviously have to remove this when it has cooled in the morning but can anyone recommend and alternative that is heat resistant to higher than 300 d celceious

Thanks

Are you sure that was silicon, Iv'e put a blow torch on silicon and not made any difference to it at all,have you got the old tube?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back