power tool for cutting floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want a saw for cutting floorboards,but not to big have used a chunky old circular saw before but want something smaller,any ideas :D

Sponsored Links
I usually use a reciprocating saw.

Haha, not so well when they are in situ!

You can get a small circular saw, I had a Skil one once, it lasted years and years but finally gave up the ghost when I foolishly used it to cut up 11 old 1920's doors into small fire wood for the wood burner :(

a multi tool will cut them in situ and be neater, but more time consuming, a circular say is quick and easy and a compound miter saw will cut then nice and accurately if your laying them.

Sponsored Links
The trouble with a circular saw is that you always cut grooves in the adjacent boards which is why I use a reciprocating saw when it matters. You can , of course, cut the T&G off and lever the board up to cut.

A flooring saw?

HT1B7A-2.jpg

and to take the tonguues poff another more trad tool, the electrician's bolster

Lidl had a tool in few weeks back that looked good for cutting floor boards, It looked like a small angle grinder with a small blade about 4" with plunge facility and dust extraction It was made by parkside.

Lidl had a tool in few weeks back that looked good for cutting floor boards, It looked like a small angle grinder with a small blade about 4" with plunge facility and dust extraction It was made by parkside.
A multitool - problem is they cut very slowly and the blades cost a bomb (don't last well if you keep hittng nails, etc)

Not a multi tool. More like a cross between an angle grinder and a circular saw with maybe 80-90mm dia wheels not just for wood. It looked interesting so I picked it up and had a look at it, and it looked well made 49.99. But I already have 3 circular saws, but I have not seen anything that small before.

Yes I saw that too. It looked pretty much like a Rexon tile cutter that I've got that looks just like a small circular saw. It was the difficulty in getting new blades that put me off it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back