Which drill bit for plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
I use brad point wood bits. They go in clean and the tip allows you to get the hole exactly where you want it.

why would you want to drill through plasterboard?

Maybe, just possibly, to place an anchor of some sort?

Sponsored Links
If i'm lazy my No2 Phillips screwdriver! :LOL: perfect size for a red plug.

Rawlplug Uno red plug is great for plasterboard, as a lightweight fixing plug. We use them for pipe clips etc.
For radiators & the like, you'll need a Fastbrolly type fixing.

expandable_3.jpg

Don't forget that these need a special tool to install them consistently (and the cheap tools don't work that well, either, so you need to buy the better one like the Rawl). Personally I can't stand them - unreliable (can spin around if you don't have the tool) and a pain in the arris if you find yourself dealing with a double boarded wall

Don't forget that these need a special tool to install them consistently (and the cheap tools don't work that well, either, so you need to buy the better one like the Rawl). Personally I can't stand them - unreliable (can spin around if you don't have the tool) and a pain in the arris if you find yourself dealing with a double boarded wall

Hmm I've used plenty of these without the tool and had no issues whatsoever. Granted takes a little longer to get it fixed as you have to be careful the the spike behind doesn't just rip the P/B to shreds. Once in its fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back