Wood batten for curtain poles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , as above do you think it's possible to stick wood battern with no nails or something similar, would it take weight of rail and curtains? Cheers howy

Sponsored Links
in general a bit off 4x1[20x96mm]planed timber about 16" longer to clear the lintel [8 inch each side]above the window screws into the end and no nails in between

It's not the glue that would fail in this case it's the plaster skim. Stick with a couple of screws as biggy says.

If you dont use any screws it will just pull the wall paper off, but if you have a good surface to bond to some of the modern mastic's are easily capable of doing it. Sika do one that claims a 10cm square will hold 250kg!

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with screws it's just that I am dreading drilling above windows as it's 10 ish year old dry lined house and I think I am right in saying that there's probably a cat nick lintel above windows , awkward .

Someone suggested this idea before and I tried it on a curtain pole and on some coat hooks and they are still up..

I drilled as far in as possible snipped the ends of the plugs off so they would fit. and found screws that would be long enough for the material and the hole. I then gunned grip fill into the holes and poked the plugs in, scraping off the excess that came back out. Next morning screwed the timber up there with a god lashing of grip fill on the back for good measure.

Then the following day the curtains and hooks went up and they're still there....

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back