Indoor, random stone pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anyone know of a product I can put onto stone to make it 'look shiny'?... I'm pointing an interior wall for a friend, as she'd like to keep it as a 'feature', (her choice!). However, as I generally point exterior walls, and am not an interior designer, I have no clue whatsoever what 'making it look shiny' means, but unfortunately I pretended I did. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your speedy reply on how to make walls look shiny! I have managed to save the page you sent, and when my friend has decided which effect she would like, I will 'attempt' to order a catalogue.
Apologies for being completely computer illiterate, and can I contact you again if I need info about any other jobs? I don't know how this works.
All the pointing jobs I've had in the past were arranged by my (ex)husband, so, whereas my work is good, pragmatically I don't have a blinkin clue. I'm trying to support two children and do a degree; this is the only way I can think of to supplement my student loan.
Yours,
Luce

yes all you have to do after you have cleaned all the stone, and pointed it, you need to give it a couple of coats of clear varnish, make sure its not cheap stuff

Sponsored Links
I slapped some polyurethane varnish on exposed brick work in my house and it looks great. PU type will add a slight yellow hint though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back