Tile vent installations, builder or rooferjob?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Should I even consider asking builder for pricing for installing 3 tile vents (ex garage roof-conversion job) OR is it better to go straight to a roofer? What should I be looking out for with respects to getting a quality job done, apart from the new tiles, would there be any other material needed for making good say felt under the new tile etc..
thanks
KS

Sponsored Links
Tb-Ex Roofer/Chartered Surveyor..
Hi-go straight to a roofer.Fitting any vent tile requires obviously breaking the membrane.The vent tile generally has a fitting into the roof void.I always thorght it better to cut the undersarking in an upside down T,
where you can fold back the flaps,so in effect a turn back so if any ingress occures it is taken awayfrom the hole itself.As if you cut a clean hole any ingress is straight in,which would be rare on a decent pitch above 35 degrees.Good luck.

update;
..I bought the vent tiles (universal vent from klober) certainly a quality looking product.. I'm getting a pro in to do the job. Before heading off to the roofing centre I spent a while disengaging one tile to take with me to match the vent tile, it took me a fair time to get it back in situ. Didn't really need it as the vents are universal and don't come in many colour choices.. Only now appreciate I would need to remove 5 tiles for each vent install, I expect this could take moretime to carry out than I at first thought... hence getting the right guy to do the job :)

Sponsored Links
.. jsut an update. Done the jobin the end with my dad. Pretty easy as it goes. 2 vent tiles and 1 tile for extraction purpose.
photo;
If you're wondering what the grey feet are below the tiles, the're foam to press down the bitchimen seal as this didn't tak too well.

View media item 4592 View media item 4588 View media item 4587
vent tiles are klober brand. good quality product..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back