Flat roof Porch area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had to remove the top and bottom parts of a flat roof area outside my back door due to rot. I'm left with a framework that is supported on two sides by the house, i.e. it is attached to the facia board, and the remaining corner is supported by a metal pole. The framework is made of 2 by 3 timber, however, it is showing signs of rot also. I'm happy with rebuilding the framework, and just screwing it on to new facia boards once I've fitted them, but am unsure what is the best way to put some kind of flashing from the roof tiles on to the porch roof, there's a gap of about 2-3 inches from the bottom of the roof tiles to the flat roof. The flat roof has a good slope on it, and originally there was guttering (till I had to take it off), just wished the previous occupier had kept it cleaned out!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back