dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run a double course of engineering bricks as a damp proof course before i build my wall,are perferated ones ok to use or do i need solid bricks?

Sponsored Links
How about using a roll of DPC on top of engineering bricks?

Or is this is a non-habitable structure you are building as part of this wall?

Perforated bricks will not perform as a DPC. Solid "Class A" bricks in 1:3 mortar will be much better, but still not true DPC - you will need an additional impermeable barrier for it to work.

You really need to use a proper DPC.

I worked in Melbourne for a couple of years in th 90s and a lot of houses there used Sika 1 in the mortar to act as a DPC. This actually worked quite well, but wasn't considered as effective in the long run as a proper DPC.

Sponsored Links
Its going to be an outhouse type building for a games room hopefully ,have got slab down already and am going to use blockwork but was needing some advice on the first couple of courses

just use a roll of dpc job done , it's the right tool for the job, and cheap as chips.

nice one,i'll go ahead with the holed bricks then and lay the dpc on top ...should be enough...thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back