Infilling joints between paving flags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid a patio a while ago using Marshalls Saxon paving flags, 3 different sizes, laid in a random pattern. I thought that I would make a feature of the joints between the flags by having them around 40mm wide. The flags were laid on a full bed of sand and cement and the lower half of the joint was filled with sand and cement also. Once this had dried the top half was filled with small (around 10mm) decorative stones.

The problem is that the stones keep coming out of the joints and end up all over the flags. One thought I had was to reinstate the stones and then source some sort of clear adhesive product which could be poured over the stones into the joint and this would then set hard and keep the stones in the joints. I have searched the Internet but have not been able to turn anything up.

I would appreciate any suggestions if anyone has used any similar products previously. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i`d stick them in with exterior no nails just a small bit on the underside of the stones, time consuming bit will stick hard

i`d stick them in with exterior no nails just a small bit on the underside of the stones, time consuming bit will stick hard

I was hoping for some sort of liquid product which I could carefully pour over the stones once they had all been brushed back neatly into the joints and then the liquid would set clear and leave the stones all stuck together :confused:

Sponsored Links

I was hoping for some sort of liquid product which I could carefully pour over the stones once they had all been brushed back neatly into the joints and then the liquid would set clear and leave the stones all stuck together :confused:

Maybe contact one of the companies on this list and ask their advice? One of these products may be adaptable although from my limited experience I'd hazard a guess that pointing a patio using a similar product may not only be fiddly but potentially quite messy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back