Inside fix possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - newbie here.

From outside I can see a number of slipped tiles along the valley edge which are accessible form inside the loft space. I've tried reseating these on the lathes but they don't want to know and insist on slipping back as they don't appear to have been nailed (or the nail missed the lath!). Is it possible to 'spot' these at all from the inside?. Just wondering how to hold them in position, any ideas? No ingress (yet) but i'm sure that f they slip a bit more then there would be. Ta!

Sponsored Links
Grippy 'em to the tile that rests above?

There's probably a 'proper' way so hold out for more replies before going crazy with the green stuff!

you should be able to spot any slipped tiles from inside and i would do as deluks says hold them in place with a dollop of gripfil.If you want to sort it properly it will mean getting on the roof and pulling tiles off and refixing them

Sponsored Links
ALL builders merchants do it. So do B'n'Q/Screwfix if there's one nearby.

Careful, once it sticks, it's stuck!

Another good one is Sticks Like SH*T

(yes that's what it's called)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back