Double Glazing WIndow Not Opeing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a new place and the main window in my bedroom will not open, It seems as though the latches on the right hand side are not releasing. It is a big fire window so opens from the bottom outwards. If i lift the handle and push, the left side moves a bit so it looks like that side is ok but the right stays still. Any one got any ideas of what i can do other than replace the window.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The window locking mech has snapped you need to get the window open to see what sort it is

Sponsored Links
The easiest way is to take the glass out and then i would use an old paint scraper/putty knife find the locking lugs from outside and find which way they slide and tap it with a hammer until it opens, once open you take the locking mech off reglaze the window and screw it shut until you find another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back