Concrete Floor in Extension - Central Heating Pipes?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are having our extension built as I speak. I thought originally the plan was to have floorboards as is in the existing dining room. Over the weekend our builder filles the base with cement and when I queried this he said we were going to have a concrete screed.

I don't mind this but am concerned about the central heating pipes as we are going to run a rad from the existing pipes in the dining room into the new extension. Our builder has said he will "cement" in some of the plastic pop on heating pipes into the extension floor and then just run 6 inches of copper pipe up the wall to the rad. My main concern is what if we have a burst pipe?? I put this to him and he said they "never burst". Seeing as it's my house and extension I do not share his confidence in these plastic pipes!!! Who is correct??

I have an idea that you may all laugh at......could we not run an inch diameter pipe set in the concrete that comes out under the floorboards in the dining room and run the plastic central heating pipe in that? It would make any possible maintenace a lot easier??

Many thanks for any help at putting my mind at rest!!!

Sponsored Links
Plastic underfloor heating pipes are set into screed, so there is no reason to suppose that these pipes will have any problems.

Just ensure that any fittings are accessible above the floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back