Glow Worm Space Saver mk 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help i have a Glow Worm Space Saver mk 2 running on lpg, got new gas bottles and went to fire it up and nothing held in the button for ages and kept trying the igniter but it just wont fire!
I have had the covers off and it doesn't seem there is any gas getting through as i cant smell gas when i have held the button in for ages??? it was all working last winter and has been off for about 6 months??

Sponsored Links
Stale gas in the pipework.

You need a (LPG) RGI to purge the pipework through.

Check the UPSO on the regulator hasn't operated and shut the gas off.

Very common when bottles have been changed.

Thanks for the feed back, the situation now is..... i have cleaned out the feed pipe to the boiler and checked that gas is getting to the boiler valve by disconnecting the mail feed in to the valve and gas is reaching there! But still i hold the green button in for aged and nothing happens, the valve is a (Honeywell V4700E) which i have sourced for around the £50 mark but am not sure if this is needed or can i try anything else first maybe thermocouple???

Sponsored Links
try a RGI - gas can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back