ZONE VALVE

W

WSDLTD

Can any one tell me the wiring for a zone valve, i have basically a combi boiler with a 2 wire stat thats it, how do i wire in my 5 wire zone valve to that so it opens the zone valve when the thermostat calls for heat

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
so where does the power come from to control the valve and stat then?

if i wire the brown and blue direct to the stat and the grey and the orange to the stat terminals will this work then?

it shows the grey and the orange as a aux switch on the diagram

The brown and blue are live and neutral that power the motor that drives the valve open. When the power is switched off (by a stat for example) an internal spring will drive the valve closed again. There is usually a lever on the side of the valve casing for manual operation.

Each valve has an aux. switch that can be used for firing the boiler, etc. The colours for this switch are normally gray and orange. It doesn't matter which way round but manufacturers diagrams will show the gray as permanent live and the orange as switched live.

Wiring diagram for two port valves here

http://www.gasman.fsbusiness.co.uk/images/spl.gif

Sponsored Links
What zones are you controlling with a 3 port mid position valve on a combi?

You would usually need 2 stats of some sort :confused:

Can any one tell me the wiring for a zone valve, i have basically a combi boiler with a 2 wire stat thats it, how do i wire in my 5 wire zone valve to that so it opens the zone valve when the thermostat calls for heat
This is a really poor attempt at providing information.

Please provide the make and model of the following:

. boiler
. room thermostat
. zone valve

This shows C system with two zone valves,
Eric
boilerC2.bmp

You will note the pump is only used with central heating not with domestic hot water I seem to remember the S plan had both pumped but the honeywell website has been changed and I can't now find the S, C, Y and W plans any more to confirm.
Eric

I agree a little over the top but it was not made to answer this post it was one I had done earlier in true Blue Peter style. Thanks for link and it seems as I thought S system pumps all the diagram was C as stated. But no one as yet has said what plan he is working on so I have no intention of designing a system when we don't have half the info.
Eric

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back