Kitchen door disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help. My father, in haste has gone and drilled all of the handles for the doors for his kitchen cupboards on the same side. The doors cost £500, they are light oak from B&Q. Is it possible to fill the holes in with some form of light oak veneer filler.

Please advise, if you know of a product please let me know.

Kind regards

Andemz

Sponsored Links
This is the advice I gave another member.

Don’t forget that you can mix different colours of wax filler stick together to get a closer match, also don’t forget the filler will need to be a little darker so it blends in better when the timber darkens with age.

Another little tip if you heat a metal decorators knife over a naked flame, hold it just above the hole you want to fill but not touching the timber, while doing this melt the wax with the hot decorators knife and you will find the hot wax will make its way into the hole a lot better and deeper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back