Order of works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just need some comfort about the order of works being proposed by my builder. The two storey extension structure is up and the roof battened and about half-tiled, with the first floor down and all of the first floor studwork in place. Windows have not gone in and the knock through has not happened.

My builder wants to get the windows installed, then take up part of the (newly laid) floor to allow access for the plasterers to come through from ground, plaster out throughout and THEN knock through. Sounds the wrong way round to me.

Why not leave the windows out, get access through the openings, plaster all walls, except the one that will be partially knocked through so as to avoid danger of cracking the plaster, then do the knock through.........or is that too simple ?

Sponsored Links
why not fit the windows, knock through then get the spread in?

or am i missing something? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back