sycamore tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any body give me some advice i have a 25ft tall sycamore tree in my garden but all of a sudden this year 90% of the leaves have a brown spot on them about the size of a 20p is this normal :?:

Sponsored Links
Sycamore [Acer Pseudoplatanus] is prone to a fungal disease called 'Tar Spot [Rhytisma acerinum]', so I'm wondering if this is what you've got. Do the spots have a yellowish edge to them?

Anyway, as the leaves fall this autumn you should collect them up and either burn them or dispose in some other way, as otherwise they will re-infect the tree for next year.

Sycamore [Acer Pseudoplatanus] is prone to a fungal disease called 'Tar Spot [Rhytisma acerinum]', so I'm wondering if this is what you've got. Do the spots have a yellowish edge to them?

Anyway, as the leaves fall this autumn you should collect them up and either burn them or dispose in some other way, as otherwise they will re-infect the tree for next year.

yes they have a yellow ring ill collect them as they fall thanks for your help :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice here...our large sycamore has had exactly the same problem. Several of those links said it was a problem after "unusually cool, wet weather during bud break"..

well we certainly had that this year!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back