Domestic sprinkler systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Building control have asked me to install a sprinkler system as part of my loft conversion as my stairs exits into my lounge :(

Can anybody recomend anybody and also a ball park figure, and also has anybody any experience of these ?

Cheers

Darren

Sponsored Links
are you sure a sprinkler system is the only option available to meet fire reg's?

doesn't seem right. :confused:

are you sure a sprinkler system is the only option available to meet fire reg's?

Well the other option is to put a new partition wall up in my lounge to create a fire protected exit route, but this would really eat into my lounge and i dont want that, so the only option left is the sprinkler system route.

Sponsored Links
size of the loft is irrelevant once you create a habitable room it's either a protected passage of escape or a sprinkler system.
Have done a couple of conversions with sprinklers and a ball park figure would be around £1500- 2000 for the installation but there will almost certainly be an additional cost either in fitting some control mechanism or a dedicated water main to ensure the pressure is maintained

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back