Serving Hatch Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having to finish a few jobs my husband started and is now not in a position to finish. I hope you can help. The first task is to finish a serving hatch that links the kitchen and dining room. On the kitchen side I would like to finish the opening with chrome or bright stainless steel architrave (hope that is the right word) to match the decor of the kitchen. The second part is in the dining room - the door side. It used to have wooden doors but these were discarded when we ripped out the kitchen. So I now need to replace them. They were just a pair of doors opening into the dining room, I wondered if there was any other way of closing the opening but still being able to use it. I need to have some kind of door because there is quite a wind blows through when the kitchen door is opened. I hope this post isn't too long. Thanks Pat

I suppose I should have said what I want advise on. The first one is what is the best way to achieve this finish - do I have metal covers made for wooden architrave and attach with no nails also where do I go to get the pieces made, I have surfed the web and can only find either car parts or door furniture. With regard to the doors, I thought glass doors would look nice but not sure if it would be safe to have them opening outwards or whether to look at sliding doors - would sliding doors look silly?? Thanks Pat

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back