Chip repair on laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed oak effect laminate flooring (Floormaster Aqualoc) a couple of months ago. I recently scratched one of the planks - a thin but deep scratch.

I don't want to replace the board because that means i have to lift up most of the floor to get to it. Can anyone advise me of how to repair it? I cant seem to find any matching fillers for the floor.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

I was a bit wary about buying a repair kit off the internet, because i always end up buying the wrong colour or shade. But seeing that B&Q and other hardware stores dont seem to be stocking it, i will try my luck with them. :)

Sponsored Links
And others hate it too because of the so-called easy-click systems taking much longer to install than normal standard practical T&G's!
And for the above reason in the question: when damaged hard to repair.

If you have a spare board you can cut the board out with a trim saw or circular saw, cut about an 1" from the outside of the damaged board on all sides and lift the panel out. Then take your time and work round slowly lifting and cutting until all the board is out. Clean all the edges with a hoover and remove all the saw dust. Then cut the tonge off the end of the board and the lower part of the groove along the long edge. Then gule all around the edges and then lower the board in. Dont walk or put any furniture on it until the glue dries. It does work and i have done it several times on wood and laminate - used to be a wood floor fitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back