Replacing Accenta 8ep219 alarm keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had to replace my accenta 8ep219 alarm keypad which i broke whilst decorating. On checking I found that the model had been discontinued and replaced by the accenta 8ep416. Thinking it would be straight forward, I ordered the replacement and wired it up making a careful note of where the 6 wires went.
Guess what? completely dead nothing at all. can anyone help

Sponsored Links
You may have blown the separate fuse that supplies the remote keypad.This is in the main panel and is usually 1 amp 20mm type.

I have replaced Fuse for the keypad, still nothing, anymore suggestions woud be appreciated before i get someone in and it starts costing

see when you changed the keypad did you try and press a button? ive changed a few off these keypads before with the system still working, and when its changed it looks totally dead. then i press a button and it comes to life. failing that its either wired wrong or fuse blown. you could also check the wiring in the main panel to see if you have the correct colours at the keypad end.

Sponsored Links
yes I have tried pressing the buttons, nothing. The keypad was a direct replacement for the one I had damaged and was wired the same way so I am confident that is ok. I have replaced the fuse in the main box for the keypad.

have you tried wiring your old keypad back on to see if that works? cause if it does new pad must be faulty

The alarm was working perfectly well until I decided to decorate, during this I damaged the keypad, thus I am unable to refit it. Thanks for your efforts.

its gotta be faulty then. i know the system and it is a replacement so it should work when fitted.

bet it isnt.

its not that often you get a bot of brand new kit and its F

often people say , this is faulty, that is faulty, you go and look and they have wired it wrong, or overlooked something.

i would check for a voltage at the keypad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back