Condensation in new conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have installed a new self build conservatory, which has a concrete base. The windows keep getting condensation on them, of a morning and evening. Is this normal ?? The flooring did get a good soaking the weekend we put it up, as it danced down overnight.

We have checked for leaks, and we are sorted there, as it has rained rather heavily, since we put it up. Its been up 2 weeks this weekend

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A concrete base will take several weeks to dry out even without a rain dousing, especially this time of year; I assume you have installed a damp membrane! My floor has 3” of insulation & under floor heating which I kept on low & it took ages before the condensation completely disappeared. Just keep it well ventilated with a little background heat.

Thanks Richard, yes we put a damp membrane down. Will leave the windows open, and put a heater in small heater in there. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back