re stench pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new to this site and have a query re a lovely stench pipe which is currently taking up a huge amount of space in the corner of my tiny bathroom. Whilst this is not a job I am tackling myself I would welcome advice on best way forward to minimise this..one idea is clearly to put the stench pipe outside of the house...is this a straightforward job? Is there an average cost do people know?

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
it is a straightforward job for a builder!

provided you have the tools and the knowhow and exactly what materials are available then it shouldn't be too difficult.

assuming the soil pipe exits to the nearest outside wall and the drains aren't too deep then it could be up and running in a day. then another day - day and 1/2 making good the roof, brickwork, external paving, floor, ceilings and internal plasterwork. this based on two pro's hitting the job.

price wise i may even allow 3 days.

materials may cost in excess of £500, depending upon whether an inspection chamber is necessary and the extent of making good both internally and externally, upstairs and down.

you may even need to hire a 120mm core bit and drill.

car - and maybe notifying 'our friends' from the Council?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back