Front garden / road

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved to a new house that has the usul 3 foot of front garden and roads half the width they need to be !

My question is how can i stop cars / peole wlaking on the front garden as its right beside the road edge. No pavements or curbs

I was thinking of small posts and chain but i have only seen the plastic ones which first car to go too near would crush them.

It would also need to stop cars praking half on road and half on my lawn

Apart from fence ( would look odd as area is open plan ) im at a loss to know what to put up, any suggestions ??

Sponsored Links
posts and no fence.

thats what the council here do. I should also point out the posts are only above the grass by about 15-20cm, no idea how much is in the ground. They must be spaced about 40 -50 cm apart

if you want to do the posts and chain, then do it with timber posts, and you can get the chain and fixing plates from most builders merchants.

another option is to use large rocks. nice cars and immoveable objects dont mix!

Sponsored Links
big - galvanised steel spiked chain (sometimes called spiked link chain) @ £25 for 5m - like this:
fixed to timber posts with chain plate hooks or similar (close the hook so the chain can't easily be nicked) like this:

Otherwise, breezer's stout wooden posts ... fix reflectors on them maybe - however the above methods may make you fall foul of Restrictive Covenants re fencing in your Deeds ... why not check to see if OK.

If you can't fence then Thermo's large rocks, maybe painted white to avoid trip hazard, is an excellent alternative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back