price of R.S.J's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, been let down today by 3 "i'll get someone to ring you straight back" kind of quotes, just rang them all back and all said can you ring back monday !!:evil: , i need a rough estimate (its only for a quote but want to post it tonite),the sizes are 3500mm x 200mm deep x 110mm wide, if anyone has brought anything similar (or close as dammit!) quite recently then please let me know, as i say its only for a quote but its been sat on my table all week, need the work!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a 203x103UB23.

Assuming it's just a straight without lots of fabbing of connections etc, then rough price delivered 23x3.5x1200/1000, haven't got a calculator, so whatever that comes out as. Should leave you some in hand if you get the job.

Edit back home now, comes out as £96.60 net.

Sounds like a 203x103UB23.

Assuming it's just a straight without lots of fabbing of connections etc, then rough price delivered 23x3.5x1200/1000, haven't got a calculator, so whatever that comes out as. Should leave you some in hand if you get the job.

Edit back home now, comes out as £96.60 net.

that sounds cheap!, was expecting somthing in the region of £250/£300,
just got a price for a 3m heavy duty cavity steel lintel at £120!
are u sure £97 for a 3.5m length?, if it is then happy with that

Sponsored Links
I'm not surprised a HD lintel comes out more expensive.

If it's a 23kg/m UB section, then it's in the right area. Channels and box sections are much more expensive per tonne.

just out of curiosity, would a 203mm deep x 103mm wide for a 3000mm opening be sufficient, it will be holding up; internally thermalite blocks; externally brickwork with a 1770mm x 1200mm window in the middle, above that a lintel & wallplate at the top (do you get me!), if not whats the next size/thickness they doo

£97.00 is a little off the mark.

you will need two pieces of steel, one for each leaf of masonry.

i paid £141.00 recently for 3.5m of 178mm x 102mm.

i would expect the total steel cost, for each leaf of masonry plus fabrication (holes in the steel) plus spacers and threaded bar and bolts, including paint, to be in excess of £400.00

just got a reply off 1 of them, £320 all in for the pair with spacer bolts etc, were's the £97 ones on offer!!

It's more, cos my guesstimate was for a single straight beam per your OP, not one with the web pre-drilled, plus pipe spacers and bolts. And I assumed it was a 23kg/m beam, as the size you gave does not match stock sections.

You're getting stiffed on fabbing costs. I can get 2x203x102UB23s 3.5m long with gas pipe spacers and M16 bolts at 600 centres (say 5 off) two coats zinc-rich primer finish for £270 plus vat, not as a special deal either.

It's more, cos my guesstimate was for a single straight beam per your OP, not one with the web pre-drilled, plus pipe spacers and bolts. And I assumed it was a 23kg/m beam, as the size you gave does not match stock sections.

You're getting stiffed on fabbing costs. I can get 2x203x102UB23s 3.5m long with gas pipe spacers and M16 bolts at 600 centres (say 5 off) two coats zinc-rich primer finish for £270 plus vat, not as a special deal either.

thats exactly what i got quoted for everything youve just said!,suppose its not bad, just hope i get the job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back