Ruff roofing Guesstimate please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking of buying an old Chapel to do up in my local area. Most of the ones available are around 100 years old with slate roofs. Although I dont know anything about slate roofs I've been told that around 100 years is their max life expectancy.

Can any one give me a ruff ball park idea of what it would cost to re-roof a property like the in the photo please? Could any of the slate be reclaimed or will it need all new slate? If it is going to be out of my tiny budget range is there any cheaper alternatives to slate that wont look to out of place?

As I say I don't know much at all about roofing so any help help and advice is much appreciated!

Cheers.

View media item 5874

Sponsored Links
probably turn out at around (upwards of) 20k including celotex and all the relevant bells and whistles.

Hi. The slates are probably 10 million years old prior to mining. Try and get a sample or ask local roofing contractors their views. If they are sound (ringers) you can expect to salvage upward of 60% if removed with care. Good Luck

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the replies. :D

Looks like getting a roof re-slated is a bit over my budget as I suspected. Are there any cheaper alternatives worth considering that wont look too naff?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back