help needed to choose roof tile insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
I live in a 1930s semi and want to wind, heat, cold and dust proof my loft. As it stands, the roof has acme tiles with no felt/tyvek underlay - you can see the back of the tiles from the inside.
In it's current state, my loft is very dusty, but I can't afford to have the tiles stripped and rebattoned.
My plan is a diy job- to buy rolls of silver reflective insulation from Screwfix and to fix it across the rafters from the inside. This will leave approx 4" gap between the tiles and insulation and cost me around £250 to do.

Does this sound like a feasible, quick solution or are there any suggestions?I do not want to use it as a bedroom, but I want to protect my stored items from dust and cold and this seems sensible to me.

Other suggestions are most welcome! I did think of warmroof with the spray on foam, but I heard very bad things about that method, especially due to it's costs!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back