retiling and refelting cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 1930s 2 bedroom bungalow, with two pitched roofs separated in the middle by a strip of flat roof. I've been getting bad damp patches on the ceilings of most rooms. Had the roof looked at by a roofing company who said that there's no point repairing it because its beyond that. Waiting for a quote from them to retile the roof and felt inside, plus sort out some end panels for the edges of the roof. How much is a reasonable quote for this... I don't really have much choice of whether to do it or not, because I need it sorted before we get the really bad weather later on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
By the way, the problem is not the flat roof, as I hasd that redone when I moved in.. the problem is the pitched roofs.

crystal-ball.jpg

size of roof, type of tile for starters.

I'm not sure of the actual roof size, but the bungalow is approx 25ft x25ft. It is a square shape. Two pitched roofs with a flat strip in the middle.

I've got no idea about tile types unfortunately.. I had no idea there were so many types until now... its not slate or anything like that. The current tiles look like your average ceramic sort of thing... no idea really :( with torching underneath.

Sponsored Links
Average:Marley, concrete type tiles

3 tiles per mtr counting from gutter to ridge (say 15 tiles = 5 mtrs) Measure gutter length (counting does not work cos tiles are different widths). height x width = sqmtrs. x 2 = both sides. Average bungalow is around 112 sqmtrs

For hips (triangles) same for height , count the tiles, but only measure half of the width. Cos two halfs make a whole rectangle ( yes it works)

Choose frost prep tiles, there are lots of imported cheapo one out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back