Open Flue Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stanley super 90 deluxe stove that appears to have a open flue it is in my kitchen and I want to install a vented cookerhood.
I have read that you should not use a vented cookerhood in the same room as a solid fuel stove with a open flue.
My question is there anything I can do to remedy this or will I have to either change the flue to a balanced one (how much work would this involve?)
Or use the cookerhood in recirculation mode (I would rather have it in vented mode as it is more effective)
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you use an extractor fan it will pull all the air and smoke down the chimney into the room.
You should seal the fire from the room and provide an alternative fresh air supply to the fire.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm looking into replacing my stove anyway because its not very efficient.
I was just wondering what alterations would have to be done to change the system into a balanced flue ( would a massive amount of work/cost need to be done to the chimney ect. )

Sponsored Links
All you need is an outside wall to knock a hole through.
Wall hung balanced flue boilers can be heavy.
So lift the boiler before you make the hole, to work out if you can lift it, and the best place to put it for easy access.
Try to give yourself room all round to work and when planning the pipes allow space for them to be insulated- this will help to stop the room getting too warm in the summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back