Looking for a hoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never used a hoe, and I'm thinking of getting one for easy weed control around plants and in my vegetable patch.
I don't have much earthing up to do.

The dutch hoe seems the standard. Should I go for this?
I'll probably get one that'll last, but I'm not planning to spend more than £10-£15

Are people happy with their hoes ;)

Sponsored Links
As long as the soil is fairly light a dutch hoe is defo the way to go, I've had one my granfather gave me years ago, I'd be lost without it now! LOVE IT!

do you prefer walking forwards or walking backwards?

I like walking forwards so I use a push hoe.

I would also go for a stainless head and alloy or plastic handle, it's marvellous if you've ever had to use rusty or rotting tools.

I've had some very expensive stainless garden tools, but recently they have been available cheaply in Tesco or Wilkinson and I would be quite happy with them.

Sponsored Links
Yep, dutch how will be fine. Wilko do a nice one with wooden shaft but I got mine on fleabay, ash shaft and stainless head. It's fantastic and will last me out. Both were within your price bracket

When you have finished with it make sure you put it on the floor and play some music, so you can have a a "hoe down" :D

Does a "Dutch Hoe" only cost 1/2 as much?

I'll get my coat.......

Definately GET a 'SWOE' best thing ever invented.

It will go forwards, backwards, in fact anyway you want, its

the bees knees!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back