replacing lead flashing between wall and PVC sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I hope i'm posting in correct forum,
would appreciate any advice

I have a PVC corrugated roof, which has gone black, curled, and leaking in places where the sheets overlap, which I'm replacing at the weekend with a Filon fibreglass product

The original roof has a self Adhesive lead flashing which i put between the wall and PVC and it has been very good waterproof for the last 10 years

My questions is when I remove the flashing -
1) how easy is it to get off the wall and what should I use, or will it peel off
2) Should I just cut the lead flashing at the join of the PVC and wall and just stick the new flashing on top of the old stuff on the wall
3) When I originally out it up it was very hot a dry - now in the UK the wall will be damp - is this going to stop the flashing from sticking correctly and keep waterproof

any help welcome

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you have done well to get ten trouble free years out of flashband!

i would advise using only lead flashing. this could be chased in prior to fitting the roof sheets.

what about ubi flex we ve just started using it on unseen work like internal valleys. seems to do the job and is much lighter and easier to use.perfect for someone who has nt worked lead before as it s harder than it looks.personally i d never use flash band cos it dont seal nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back