Size of steel work - can anyone give me a proper answer?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my 3rd attempt to get an answer to this question. I'll try and explain it claerly and fully.

I wish to use a piece of angle, equal or unequal, or an angle lintel. I dont wish to use anything other than an angle.

I wish to support 3 courses of single skin brick across an 8 feet span. It is single skin, not a cavity wall, not a timber frame, but quite simply a single skin of bricks that is 3 courses high.

The bricks are there for cosmetic purposes only. They hold / support no loading above what so ever.

Can anyone advise me on a suitable size of angle or angle lintel to support the 3 courses of single skin bricks that do not support any loading PLEASE!!!???

Sponsored Links
2 lengths of 50x65x5 unequal will do it. (one each side, butted)

Sponsored Links
LOL - I bet this question has really driven you crakkers

I would go with something like the Catnic CN49C type rather than a plain angle style, as it will give it a bit more support as it it just 3 course.

Don't forget to prop this at mid span until the brickwork has gone off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back