Gas Cooker Removal

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am removing my gas cooker which has the bayonet type flexible connection. As I am replacing with electric cooker is it sufficient to simply disconnect the connector or is some other process necessary please?
Jim

Sponsored Links
those bayonet fittings are made for diy...so disconnect it as they are self sealing...
the only thing i would say is, can you be sure its not leaking once disconnected.

bayonet needs to be removed and plugged with a half inch iron plug.
bayonet is a temporary disconnection point only.
corgi or whatever corgi is now called.job.

If your going to quote it needs a corgi.
Why not quote that corgi say its perfectly acceptable to leave a bayonet after disconnecting a cooker

Sponsored Links
bayonets are designed to allow people to disconnect and clean behind cooker etc, with the appliance going back in again, it is acceptable to leave a properly fitted non leaking bayonet in as a point of disconnection, (without testing how will you know) if it is going to be permanent i would suggest the bayonet was plugged, it is a spring loaded valve and could leak

Yes these are very prone to leaking, the main cause of a drop on the manometer on a tightness test when the cooker is out.

I would advise to plug it, though I'm not Corgi registered nor have gas qualifications (yet) so my knowledge isn't great.

Don't forget to use gas paste if screwing a stop end into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back