Hardwood Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I require pair of 6 ft high by 6 ins sq posts. How these best set in the ground for longevity and where can ind them. The substrata is sand and gravel.

Sponsored Links
The will be used to mount photocells with a beam between them with and one will have a pedestrian operated press button.

2 feet into the ground, concreted in.

depends on what type of hardwood you want. a decent fencing supplier should be able to source some, if not a sawmill or timber supplier

Sponsored Links
The posts need to be unmovable and in keeping with the solid appearance of nearby features.

Thanks for your valued advice. Do you know anyone in Surrey who can supply these posts.

plenty of decent fening merchants that way, or failing that try beacon fencing in ansty west sussex. i know they will deliver that far, but may be a bit more pricey

Thanks for your direction. I will call them because their website is somewhat limited.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back