Hotpoint WF540 Spin 1400 6kg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help?

My washing machine has stopped working, all I have are fast flashing lights everywhere?
On the left are five buttons but only the top four are flashing. Along the top are another five buttons, only the one on the right is flashing and finally the on/off button is falshing.
What is going on here? can you advise me???
b]

Sponsored Links
are you sure this is not a washer dryer that code means f15 dryer relay stuck on pcb , :?:

Thanks for the reply, this is a washing machine only.

Other information I have is - Hotpoint Aquarius 6kg / Solectron 215009147.00 12/2006
WF540 Spin 1400 6kg TB

Serial number 1950449532.03

the lights on the left top to bottom is it the first 4 flashing ,also the s/no is wrong its on the inside of the the door should be 9 digits the details given are off the pcb

Sponsored Links
Yes, the first 4 lights are flashing and the serial number is 603175623 - sorry my error

first unplug mc from the wall for 2 mins then try again if the fault is still there you pcb is corrupt search for emw electronics in nottingham for a replacement board cheaper than a new one, they test old one if faulty send you a new one for about 30 quid .all in 3 days

first unplug mc from the wall for 2 mins then try again if the fault is still there you pcb is corrupt search for emw electronics in nottingham for a replacement board cheaper than a new one, they test old one if faulty send you a new one for about 30 quid .all in 3 days

Tried unpluging at the wall, it worked a couple of times but not anymore.

Thanks Rocks, you have been a great help. What information do I need to get a new board?

if you go to the website its all on there send old board with details name /addy /mc make /model / brief fault etc or you call call them tony is the blokes name he will help you

at the back of mc is a white panel down the bottom 4 screws ,remove screws its on the left white plastic covered unclip it and remove BUT PLEASE WRITE THE WIRES DOWN ,they are in blocks and a couple loose draw a diagram first ,trust me you will forget where they go in a few days when you get the new board :eek:

yes i work for hotpoint have done for many years ,all the stuff in your kitchen i fix ,my knowledge is endless :LOL:

Rocks, thanks again.

Have diconnected the card, noted all the wires down. Will take it to work tomorrow and give Tony at EMW a call.

Hopefully he will have one in stock for me. You have been a real help, many many thanks - may have saved me a few quid as well.

Cheers Rocks, you a real gem mate..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back