Rising damp, Bitumin paint and plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
I have Rubble stone walls 2 foot thick and have rising damp up to just over a meter, the walls are plastered up inside and in good condition. This is what i was planning to do can any bod in the know tell me if theres any probs with this please.
1 isolate the floorboards from where they touch the walls.
2 Paint the walls with 3 coats of bitumen paint.
3 paint 1 coat of bitumin paint on the back of 12,5 plasterboard.
4 afix the plasterboard and this is whir i am not certain of the best method without bridging the isolation between wall and board. was thinking place boards in position drill hole through and into wall, remove board slap some bitumin in hole and on hole at back of board, put back plasterboard, insert plastic wall plug put screw with washer on and screw up, about 9 per board.
5 bond scerting to boards. o and make sure the boards aren't sat on the floor. cheers everyone. any better ideas greatfully recieved. oo ps, I haven't got the time and don't want the mess involved with hacking the plaster off and thourughsealing or injecting the walls.
all the best mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back