Bi-fold door... HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...

First post, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm in the process of converting a small storage space into a cloakroom and have run into a problem with the door. The frame, which is in a studwork partition wall, is 24" wide. I had thought I could get away with a standard 24" door, but now that I've physically put the cloakroom suite in the room it's obvious that a 24" door (even planed down) won't open fully. I've opted for a bi-fold door, but this has thrown up another problem. How the hell do you fix a handle on the outside? It needs one in order to close the door, but the operation of a bi-fold door doesn't allow one to be fitted. Any ideas? And before someone suggests it, a sliding door isn't an option.

C.

Sponsored Links
hmmm... ok... just got round to sourcing a recessed handle for bi-fold door and i've been told i can't fit one in a semi-solid composite door. is this true? and if so, what are my alternatives?

Sponsored Links
You fix them into the section of solid frame which goes around the door

but the solid section is only about an inch and a half wide, which would mean the handles need to be ultra narrow. not ruling this out, but haven't seen any. got any links to a supplier?

Every hollow core door has a lock block - which is a thicker section of timber specifically for fitting locks/handles to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back