Is the system fully pumped or gravity?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to upgrade the programmer on a heating system to give 7-day programming. The current programmer is a Potterton EP2002 24-hour unit and I am looking at fitting the EP6002 which gives 7-day programming with independent hot water and heating switching but this is only suitable for fully pumped systems. My question is do I have a fully pumped system?

The boiler is downstairs and has only two water pipes. The hot water tank and pump are upstairs and the cold water tank and expansion tank are in the loft. There is a Honeywell V4073A1039 3-port mid position diverter valve immediately after the pump with one outlet feeding the heating coil in the hot water tank and the other going to the radiators. The existing programmer has a switch on the back giving the choice of gravity or fully pumped system, it is set to fully pumped. I have spoken to several people who asked where the water tanks were and they said it is a gravity system but I think it's fully pumped, am I right? At the moment the CH and HW work independently or together depending on what is selected on the programmer. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your very quick reply, now I can order the 6002 programmer :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back