Damp inside upvc french doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have damp patches inside my upvc french doors at the minute. I thought that i could reseal the door (outside) along the bottom of the door and the concrete step using evosick "sticks like ****" sealant. Unforunately it has made things worse. Can someone recommend a sealant that is more suitable.

Also I took off the inside fascia at the bottom of the door(Inside) and it seems that there is a gap at the both ends of the door as the concrete that the frame is on is not level. What sealant is recommended for this to fill these gaps.(10mm approx).
photos included .

Sponsored Links
The only way I can see that the application of the sealant outside has made anything worse is if its stopping the water that's collecting inside from flowing back out.
That said, you really need to figure out where the water is getting in.
Also, I note you have a lots of condensation on the adjacent walls. Could this condensation be running down and gathering on the floor?
You can also get lots of condensation on the inside of the door too, and this will similarly run down.
Unless the area by the door is well heated and ventilated, you might find condensation is the problem, not a leaky door.
I'm not sure what gap you are trying to fill, do you mean that the strip that you've peeled off was too short, and that rainwater is coming round the edge of the door and through the gap? If so silicone should work fine, or get a longer bit of plastic.

Is that rendering or stone to the wall reveal?

The problem does not appear to relate the sealant

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back