CONDENSATION ON INSIDE OF WINDOW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had an upstairs room plastered. A week ago in fact. Around the window reveals have taken the longest to dry out, and are actually still damp in some areas, especially the bottom under the window, which are double glazed. I've noticed that the inside of the windows have been quite saturated and have been dripping onto the bottom reveal. Also, there is no form of heating in the room as yet. A rad will be going in. Am I right in thinking that the moisture from the wet plaster and the/or the fact that the room is fairly cold at the moment is the cause. Also it is winter and very cold outside. Or do I need to sort out the actual windows themselves. Advise appreciated, thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
improve the ventilation.

plaster is made of water so is bound to be damp.

yep open the windows an inch or two for 2 or 3 hrs during the warmest part off the day

you probably have around a pint a day to remove

the damp under the window is being replenished by condensation as it wil already be surface dry in its own right

Think about it ...... if the problem did not exist before the plastering, then clearly the new plaster is causing it, so you need to wait until its dried out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back