Neighbours from hell

Sponsored Links
Boundaries cannot be measured to the inch because the scale drawings that the land registry have cannot be identified to the exact inch.

ISTR a variation of approx 20 inches is not uncommon.

gardenlaw.co.uk can tell you a lot more as they deal with boundary issues daily.

It is possible to define a boundary down to say, 1mm - or the thickness of a string line.

You can define it all you want Woody, but you can't when your in a court.
For an inch they will throw you out.

Sponsored Links
Does the eaves / roof of their house extend over your property line? It may not be a clear cut as you think.

another post, another arguement. boundries disputes are becoming increasingly common due to the fact houses are being built much closer together and also people are extending to the boundry line.we are now the mediators for our clients and the neighbours to make sure both parties are happy with where the boundry is, as plans can as someone pointed out be innacurate.all i can say is if a boiler terminal is pluming onto a neighbours property the bco should have picked up on it and made them move it as they have done to me in the past.and as far as a fence being and inch on your land thats just mean and a court will not act on disputes under 150mm,this i know from experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back