Door which is also a window???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I've got an extension on my flat which was built by the former owners - its almost a square room with no windows - only a half glass pvc door leading out to a roof terrace. The room has always done my head in as it seems so unbalanced. It gets cold in winter and hot in summer so can't really be used as a bedroom as it has no window to get air to circulate.

My question is where can we find a door which is made of glass but also has a hinged top to act as a window?

OR ... how much / how difficult is it to get a window put in on one of the side walls.

Hope someone can help! :rolleyes:

Jo

Sponsored Links
A UPVC stable door might be an answer. I've never been sure they are in entirely good taste, but it could help solve your problem.

However, I would get three quotations to install a window in the room, and also get some quotes to improve the insulation. The feasibility of adding a window will be partly affected by planning legislation (proximity to neighbours, etc.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back